Well what do you know, my first gift have just arrived and they are pretty bottles of essential oils! This is the first time I am going to use them so I did some readings and I want to share them with you, my dear readers.
Essential oils are extracted from flowers, berries, and barks in tiny amount. Did you know that it takes 30 roses to produce one drop of pure rose oil? In their purest form, they are highly concentrated so a little goes a long way.
benefits of essential oils are limitless. I will share with you today some of the popular ways in which they are used.
1) Inhalant Add a few drops of Eucalytptus oil to a bowl and cover your head with a towel. Inhale deeply for around 10 minutes or as long as you comfortable.
2) Room Freshener. Put a few drops of Camomile, or YlangYlang, or Aniseed essential oil in a bowl of water on top of a radiator. To fumigate a room, fill a spray bottle with water then add 10 drops of tea tree oil and ten drops of lemon. Spray the room.
3) Bathing. Run warm water and add a blend of up to 5 drops of essential oil in a teaspoon of base oil before adding to bath. Relax for up to 15 minutes. Lavender, peppermint, and rose oils are popular for bath.
4) Compress. Pour hot water into a bowl then add around 6-8 drops of essential oil. Place a cotton cloth in the water, soak, then palce directly on the painful area. Wrap a towel round to keep warm.
5) Massage. Neat oils must be diluted in a carrier oil before using or buy a ready to use aromatherapy massage oil. Always massage up legs and arms towards the heart. When massaging, use firm strokes to aid penetration of the oils.
I will be sharing a basic guide to essential oils next time. Thank you very much for your continued interest and may you all have a relaxing weekend. Ciao!