Thursday, July 30, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Let's start then..
1. He's sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen?
- BBC, CNN, National Geographic,
2. You're out to eat, what kind of dressing does he get on his salad?
- He'll pass up the dressing. he likes his vegetables raw and plain. He is not a fussy eater as well.
3. What's one food he doesn’t like?
- sweets and deep fried.
4. You go out to eat and have a drink, what does he order?
- aside from water, it will be Thabakat - a fresh cocktail smoothie of strawberry and avocado. if it's alcohol, he will have brandy straight.
5. What shirt size does he have?
6. What shoe size does he have?
7. What is his favorite type of sandwich?
- The subway club - Turkey breast and Roast Beef with lots of vegetables, sweet onion and Southwest Chipotle sauce, with a dash of freshly ground pepper.
8. What would he eat everyday if he could?
- steak, nuts, and fresh fruits
9. What is his favorite cereal?
- he likes oatmeal - the Jungle Oats Breakfast
10. What would he never wear?
- anything hip-hop or goth..and i will never let him haha
11. What is his favorite sports team?
- He enjoys F1, always the fan of underdog. he likes Lewis Hamilton and Jensen Button. He greatly admires the Brawn team.
12. Who did he vote for?
- Ping Lacson!!!That was the last election he witnessed in Pinas
13. Who is his best friend?
- siyempre ako lang?!
14. What is something he does, but you wish he wouldn't do?
- make those silent funny remarks that make me laugh out loud in the public while he remains noncholant. it makes me look very stupid! hihi
15. What is his heritage?
- He is half Mt. Province and half Ifugao.
16. You bake him a cake, what kind of cake?
- my vanishing mudpie with almonds and walnuts - moist, not too sweet, but with a rich chocolate taste.
17. Did he play sports in high school?
- he is a very good chess player.
18. What could he spend hours doing?
- scuba dive, play with Andreas, read, clean the house (yep!)
19. What is the unique talent that he has?
- omg. he is the most intelligent and dignified person i have ever met. always wanting to help other people - will even go to sacrifice for others. always thirsty for new knowledge.
20. What's his type of coffee?
- freshly brewed black coffee, Turkish coffee
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
What you see is egg omelet, with shredded cheddar cheese, and steamed carrots. Andreas likes his omelet soft and fluffy so i add a dash of fresh milk. The cheddar cheese is the salt - i do away with table salt when i can. The carrots, he likes them raw or steamed so he wanted more when he finished what i served him. That is a meal packed with protein, calcium, and Vitamin C.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Good morning fellow weekenders! Last night was fun for the family as we got to watch Elmo and the Gang at Burjuman Mall. The show, called Imagine with Elmo, is part of the 2009 Dubai Summer Surprises. People who attended the event also had the chance to meet and greet the furry friends and were given discount coupons from Virgin Megastore.
Join the fun and share your weekend snapshots here.
Saturday, July 25, 2009
These days, he climbs up his high chair, stand on the tray food to reach for the TV and the remote control. We cannot remove the high chair from its location since it is suppose to fence the TV and the internet router from his eager exploring tiny hands. And he climbs up so fast before i can say anything to stop him.
Before that, he was able to tip toe, unlock the bathroom and can climb up on his own to the bath tub and turn on the tap water. Once, i had to bathe him three times because he already slathered his shampoo all over his clothes and body before i noticed he was no longer watching Galloping Mind. Of course, the bathroom these days has been child locked.
And ealy today, he learned to climb up the table and lift the tap for the water dispenser. He was soo thrilled about the water coming out that he refused to get down for a couple of minutes until i have to give him biscuits. As soon as he finished eating, he was up to the table again. Now my back is achning from carrying him to get down. He is so muscled and heavy.
But the good thing is, this boy makes me shed off my weight.
I miss spending time with hubby and it has to be like this for two more Saturdays. Apparently, their Chief Engineer panicked to meet the deadlines so he made the design department go overtime without pay waaaaah!
Anyways, I am blogging to share my latest award from my dearest blogger friend, Joanne. Thank you so much dear, you brightened up my gloomy Saturday.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Yipeee! Time to dig those old pics again. Mommy Moments theme for the week is First Steps.
See more Mommy Moments here.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Andreas was thrilled about it anyway. He cannot pedal but he likes to be pushed along. He went to bed late as he still wanted to ride. When he woke up the next morning, he first went up to his bike. We had our flashcard session while he was on top standing on his bike. He will watch Barney standing on his bike. Oh boys.
Now it's my turn to pass this award to friends whom i find their blogs and thoughts adorable and inspiring.
Jan of Bits and Pieces
Pehpot of Make or Break
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
That is yoghurt, corn on the cob, and water. I first offered him corn on the cob around 13 months and he immediately like it. It also satisfies his chewing and biting habit these days in relation to his teething. It is a family favorite so it is a regular on weekends. I steam for around 30 minutes and it is ready to serve.
See how he loves it.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Hello fellow weekenders! We had a great Saturday night as the family attended the annual Junior Chef Middle East Competition. I share with you their finished creations on display at Oasis Center, Sheikh Zayed Road. Hubby and I took plenty of photos so I decided to present it in collage.
Hubby's favorite was the Eiffel Tower. Mine is the melody of Living. Which creation is the winner for you?
See more Weekend Snapshot here.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Who likes to play?
Here are some pics of my little boy's playtime. These were taken before his first birthday. I guess i miss those times when he was so small, behaved, and content in one corner hihi. Nowadays, he is running and climbing and jumping all the time!!
Those keys were the first toy he was able to grasp with his tiny fingers.
Then at nine months, cars and trucks were his favourite toys - until the nine months after.
See more of Mommy Moments Playtime here.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
Last night, i was preparing his last bottle of milk for the day. As i do most of the times, I ask Andreas:
Mommy: How many scoops of milk does Andre wants? Come help Mommy count..
(I open the milk can and start to scoop...)
Mommy: One, two, three..
Mommy: ..Four!..there you go, four scoops of milk for Andre!
After he finished his bottle, he continued to watch Barney on Spaceship. Barney and the kids were counting for the rocket ship to fly.
Andreas: Ten! Ten!
Barney: 7,6,5,4, 3
Barney: ..2, 1...Blast Off!
This is about the fourth time i hear him join Barney count.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
1. Taken (2008)
Starring Liam Neeson, it's about a former spy who relies on his old skills to save his daughter from human trafficking... and it's a one man team movie. He is old to fight all the bad guys but entertaining enough.
Last time i knew, I like Harrison Ford movies. But this put hubby to snore after 15 minutes. i did not even bother to finish the movie.
The Day The Earth Stood Still
Robocop was totally out of place in this alien infested movie. What was he doing there in the first place? The fil made a success in making me feel more responsible for the Earth we live. You know, listen to those "green and hybrid awareness" before its too late or else we'll lose our planet to the aliens. Keanu Reeves has never been know for his acting but Jennifer Conelly compensates for all the acting part here. Oh yes, i did cry a little but not as much as the next movie..
The Green Mile (1999)
Quick grab the Kleenex before you even press play. It's beautiful, heart warming, heart wrenching....it's those movies you will want your kids to watch and take notice in the future - like any other Tom Hanks film. Miracles happen even on death row.
The National Treasure 2 (2008)
Starring Nicolas Cage, this movie seeks to answer historical riddles. You will learn another US presidency secret here. Period.
This is the easy way and the fastest way to :
1. Make your Authority Technorati explode.
2. Increase your Google Page Rank.
3. Get more traffic to your blog.
4. Makes more new friends.
1.Picturing of Life 2. Juliana’s Site 3. Hazel-My Life, My Hope, My Future.4. Jeanne-The Callalily Space 5.My Family is my Life 6. The Simple Life of a Baghag 7. On A Wonderful Day Like Today 8. House Everything 9. The Creativity in Me 10. Travel and Photography 11. Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow 12. You Are My Sunshine 13.Song to Remember 14. Super Blog 15. Philiippine Tv Marathon 16.Simply Blue 17. Breaking the Boundaries 18. Top Five 19. A Simple Life 20. Simple Happy Life 21. A Great Pleasure 22. Glossa~licious 23. Time Goes By 24. Sweet Nothings 25. Online Mommy's Corner! 26. Me, Myself and Darly 27. Kero's Celebration 28. You're next!
A big warm hello to my fellow weekenders! We were at Dubai Festival City over the weekend and we passed by this Robotics Workshop. This is part of the government's program to keep kids busy while school has not yet started.
See more Weekend Snapshots here.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Now sometimes, i don't have that amount of eggs and i lack the time to wash immediately my food processor. When you have a toddler, you know what i'm talking about. So i went on to search for an easier recipe. I want the cake sponge like, with interesting almost mysterious flavor - not just the butter and vanilla added to chocolate mix. So i came up with a recipe below. This is actually a take on Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake. I have made this several times and it always, always turns out good. Moreover, the ingredients are basic on the cupboard and you only need a hand mixer to make this delight.
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup caster sugar
1-3/4 cup flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla powder
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Grease and line a 9-inch pan with baking parchment.
1. Whisk throroughly all the dry ingredients first in a large bowl.
2. Add milk, eggs, and oil. Beat on low speed for two minutes.
3. Pour the batter to the baking pan and bake for 30-45 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean.
4. Cool completely before frosting
**Do not let your batter sit for too long outside the oven. Otherwise, the baking soda will lose it's rising properties.
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2/3 cup icing sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup white mini marshmallows
1. Melt butter in the microwave.
2. Stir in cocoa powder.
3. Beat on medium speed, alternately adding sugar and milk.
4. Stir in vanilla. Proceed to frost the cake.
5. Decorate with white mini marshmallows.
6. Chill before serving.