We are talking home improvement today. The topic is inspired by our apartment hunting in the capital. There are new properties beyond our budget and there are old properties that with a little paint and kitchen and bathroom remodeling can turn into a cozy home.
1. Know what style or theme you want. Dream. Look for inspiration.
2. Try as hard to sketch what you are dreaming to see in your home or in the room you want to remodel.
3. Ask for estimates. Talk to reputable contractors such as Remodeling Conractors Vancouver WA. They offer free estimates and been around home remodeling business for the last 29 years.
4. Hire, select a contractor.
5. Schedule weekly visits to the contractors to see and talk about their progress. This way things can get fixed sooner before building progresses too far. Be friends with the employees. Bring them non-alcoholic drinks and snacks.
Stay in a nearby hotel apartment so you don't compromise your privacy. But definitely, vacation is not a good idea.