This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Pier 1 Imports. All opinions are 100% mine.
Deck the halls with boughs of holly fa la lalalalaa... 'tis the season to be jolly fa la lalalalalalalaa..
I am humming to myself early this morning as I finalize our guests for Christmas dinner. This is our third year to host and I feel more confident now to receive guests. We are expecting around eight people -composed of our closest family friends and relatives.
I share with you today some decorating tips and must-have accessories for throwing a successful Christmas Eve dinner. Take it from a frugal Mom =)
1. Get an impressive table cloth. teamed it up with interesting table runner. If you can get your hands on those crafted in India table runner from Pier 1 the better. It will add a touch of oriental on your table and will definitely start up conversations among your guests - if they are meeting for the first time.
2. Note on choosing table cloth and table runner: Use prints sparingly to keep the attention focused on the centerpiece.
3. For an easy, classic table centerpiece, I use a basic pine wreath in the center of the table. You can add candles, ornaments, bows, whatever you fancy. You can also ask your child to help make the centerpiece - then you can show off your guests your kid made it. There will be ooh and aahs and praises and your kid will feel extra special and might just behave himself for the rest of the evening.
4. Another easy accent on the table is to fill shot glasses with beads, white roses, or other delicate flowers. Add water and place in the middle of the table.
5. Decorate ribbons or net bows around the chairs.
We always make it a point to give small token of appreciation to our guests for a wonderful evening. I feel very lucky to find Pier 1 where I can buy unique and affordable holiday gifts . I chose their brooch and gem clutches for our lady guests. They are all for $10 each!
As gifts for men, Hubby chose something more fun like the metal musical dogs which sells $15 each.
One more thing I love about Pier 1 is their astrologically friendly gifts. It's a brilliant guide if you are at loss what to give somebody who seems to have everything.
I would also like to take this opportunity to invite my readers to like Pier 1 Imports on Facebook. For every new fan they get, they will donate $1 to Toys For Tots.