"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him about your plans."
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him about your plans."
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Sweet Pea, Moonlight Path, and Sea Island Cotton.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
The pictures below were taken in Dreamland Aqua Park, Umm Al Quwain where we spent our Eid holiday last year. Andreas was only 9 months old then. It also marked his first holiday trip.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
I got this meme from new blogger friend, Chris. I finished laundry and cooked our supper. Andreas is munching steamed vegetables and i feel hungry too but i want I feel the need write. I got so much worries in my head, i feel pretty stressed. I can't wait for weekend and just cuddle with hubby.
~ Parenting Style ~
1. Do you exercise full or minimal control over your child’s / children’s behavior?
**I am the disciplinarian hikhik -- that's because hubby don't get mad about anything. But i do give space to Andreas most of the time. If I ever raise my voice, i explain to him why. But sometimes i give him the look and he will stop doing what is it that displeases Mom.
2. Do you expect your child / children to obey 100% or let her / him / them do what pleases her / him / them?
**Oh no. He's only 15 months old. As long as he does not hurt other kids or himself in the process, i let him be himself and discover things on his own.
3. Do you welcome discussion or you simply set rules?
**We set the rules for now because he is still a baby but later, discussion and compromise will be most welcome
4. Do you reprimand?
+ Yes, I do.
5. Do you use spanking for punishment?
+ Yes, if needed. But we see to it, we do not reach that point.
6. Do you use some kind of a reward system for motivation?
**Yes. Mostly words like "very good Andre," and affection like kisses and hugs. And we tell him how proud we are for behaving himself.
7. Do you enjoy being a Parent?
** Yes, yes.
8. Are you a hands-on Parent or do you have a full-time Nanny?
** I am a stay at home wifey and Mommy.
9. At what age would you let your child make simple decisions for himself / herself?
+ As early as possible. I don't even remember exactly when. We try to limit the word "NO." If he want to climb up the stairs, i let him do it. I just gently remind him to be careful and hold on to the railing.
10.Do you and your Husband have the same Parenting Style?
**I think so. But i learn mostly from hubby. I read and research too. Hubby applies what he has seen.
~ Wife Style ~
7. How long have you been married?
**two years, eleven months. (omg! it's our anniv next month?!! i'm at loss!!)
8. How do you feel about being a Wife?
**blessed, content, and still desirable har har har
9. What has been your typical sleeping attire since you got married?
**i'm a big, big fan of lingerie. and my current favorite scent. yes, i like to smell good in bed.
10. How do you show how appreciative you are of your Husband?
**heck i let everybody know how proud I am of his achievements. I support his goals so long as he does not risk his health. I listen to him -- well sometimes hahhaaa.
11. What do you do when your Husband annoys you?
**I go out. I need to be alone.
12. You are buying or planning to buy your first house as Husband and Wife….
**still planning for a house in Pinas. being an expat here in desert means we rent our place.
13. How does your house look like at the end of the day when Hubby gets home?
**oh boy, i try to clean up but Andreas' toys are everywhere all the time.
14. How do you feel about running a household?
**tiring. 24 hours is hardly enough to finish the day's work
15. What is the sweetest gift you have given your Husband so far?
**a massage with fragrant body lotion after a long hard day.
Passing this to all wife and mommies out there!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Here are my top three picks.
Monday, March 23, 2009
1. What is something your Mama always says to you?
Never, ever take what you do not deserve.
2. What makes your Mama happy?
Simple things - a phonecall from her children and grandkids. Friends visiting the house. People saying nice things about her apos hihi.
3. What makes your Mama sad?
She is always happy but i guess she will be happier when she sees my Mother again.
4. How does your Mama make you laugh?
She makes fun of me. When i feel a little sick, she says that's because i did not had enough alcohol from last nights drinking bout. When i don't leave the house on weekends, she asks if i have flu.
5. What was your Mama like as a child?
She was the youngest so she mostly got the prks and attention. Maybe that is why she understood me and my siblings so well. She was never strict with us. She trusts us to be responsible and to know what is best for ourselves.
6. How old is your Mama?
She will be 74 come May 13.
7. How tall is your Mama?
5 feet 3 inches
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Watch soap operas. Tring out new recipes. Going out with her girlfriends.
9. What does your Mama do when you're not around?
Spend time with my Papa of course wink wink.
10. If your Mama becomes famous, what will it be for?
That she was a great teacher in history and a devoted grandmother. She never complained sending three grandkids to school.
11. What is your Mama really good at?
Listening to people. She keeps secrets very well. She is very compassionate and generous.
12. What is your Mama not very good at?
She is too generous haha.
13. What does your Mama do for a job?
She was a school teacher.
14. What is your Mama favorite food?
She likes seafood, fruits, and chocolates.
15. What makes you proud of your Mama?
She loves us unconditionally. She makes sure we never feel empty emotionally and financially. She is always there to listen, to make us laugh. She loves and adores every little thing about me.
16. If your Mama were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Wilma from the Flintstones
17. What do you and your Mama do together?
We go shopping for ukay fashion. We cook. We go drink with her friends. We go to church together.
18. How are you and your Mama the same?
We both can't get enough of clothes so we are both short in closet space.
19. How are you and your Mama different?
Mama has more patience than I do. I have a bloody temper. Mama never raised her voice with me. Not even once.
20. How do you know your Mama loves you?
*She never wants me to do the dishes after supper because she says my hands are tired from computer.
*I wake up to a hearty breakfast.
*She keeps clippings of clothes i might like and fashion tips.
*She packs my lunch.
*She wants to send my little boy (her Grandgrandson) to school hahahah!
21. What does your Mama like most about your yourself?
That i can be very outspoken sometimes. That i made her very proud of me in all my school years and until today.
22. Where is your Mama's favorite place to go?
Happy Mother's Day, Mama! Thank you is hardly enough for all the sacrifice you made for us. But I promise to continue make you proud of me. I hope to see you soon. I love you soo much!!!
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Thank you so much for dropping by. I am excited to see you WS entries as well. Take care and have a wonderful week ahead!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away.
If he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay.
Stop making excuses for a man and his behavior.
Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache.
Stop trying to change yourself for a relationship that's not meant to be.
Slower is better.
Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly happy.
If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you deserve then heck no, you can't "be friends".
A friend wouldn't mistreat a friend. Don't settle.
If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he probably is.
Don't stay because you think "it will get better."
You'll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not better.
The only person you can control in a relationship is you.
Avoid men who've got a bunch of children by a bunch of different women.
He didn't marry them when he got them pregnant, why would he treat you any differently?
Always have your own set of friends separate from his.
Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you.
If something bothers you, speak up.
Never let a man know everything. He will use it against you later.
You cannot change a man's behavior.
Change comes from within.
Don't EVER make him feel he is more important than you are...even if he has more education or in a better job.
Do not make him into a quasi-god.
He is a man, nothing more nothing less.
Never let a man define who you are.
Never borrow someone else's man.
If he cheated with you, he'll cheat on you.
A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you.
All men are NOT dogs.
You should not be the one doing all the bending...compromise is a two way street.
You need time to heal between relationships...there is nothing cute about baggage...
Deal with your issues before pursuing a new relationship.
You should never look for someone to COMPLETE you...
a relationship consists of two WHOLE individuals...
look for someone complimentary...
Dating is fun...
even if he doesn't turn out to be Mr. Right.
Make him miss you sometimes...
when a man always know where you are, and you're always readily available to him
- he takes you for granted.
Never move into his mother's house.
Never co-sign for a man.
Don't fully commit to a man who doesn't give you everything that you need.
Keep him in your radar but get to know others.
Thank you to hubby for sharing this.....mwah!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
So here's what we have watched for the past weeks.
Well, better late than never. Now i know why Megan Fox is H-O-T. I am excited to see her as the next Lara Croft.
Sooooo lengthy. Hubby fell asleep after few scenes. I patiently tried and tried to finish the movie but The Joker keeps slipping out of the good guys' hands i turned off the TV and joined hubby to bed. I hate myself for not knowing the end but i just could not stomach one more appearance of The Joker.......eer maybe that is why Heath Ledger won the Oscar.
Way much better than the book. Loved every outfit in everyh scene.
If you have seen 300, that was much better.
5. Save The Last Dance 2
Sequels never beat the first movie.
Yippeeee!! I petered hubby to get a copy of the movie. He could not understand what is soo great about vampires hik hik. Whe he finally got one, I asked we watched together. I swear he was planning to doze off on my lap but he too was smitten ahihi. It's a teen flick but heck, we are both looking forward to New Moon.
7. The Kingdom
Must see. You will hate how they portrayed the Prince but it is soo much worth sitting through. I almost considered skipping my bikini for shorts but I am turning 30 next year and i will not let the chance pass.
8. The Transporter 2
Hubby has seen the first movie but this is my first time to hear about it. Soo much better than Batman The Dark Knight. Enjoyed the stunts and the androgynous antagonist.
9. Iron Man
We enjoyed it. Gwyneth was sexy and perfect. Downey was charming.
10. Slumdog Millionaire
You have to see it. You will weep, laugh, marvel how great love is. It's my new favorite movie.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Going back to the topic, i was more interested to see the women who attended the fashion show than the clothes on the catwalk. French women are among my fascination hihi. It all started when hubby and i accidentaly attended a small mass in French language back in December 2006. Needless to say, most in attendance were people in tuxedos, LBDs, and knee-high suede boots. I said my own prayers and halfway through the mass (still not a word understood) i decided to check on the women and their pearls. After all, they are among the worlds most admired women.
They were tall and slim. Most have blonde shoulder length hair. Their curls lay elegantly on their posture perfect shoulders. Older women were in dresses with deep rich colors. The young ladies wore blazer and grey wool shorts with black tights and boots. Some opted for chic long sleeved blouses. Make-up were subtle. Everything was in place. Accesories of pearls and stud earrings finished their polished looks. So it dawned to me why every fashionista will secretly want to be French. From then on, i would carefully look for articles about their fashion and diet.
I share with you today how to unleash your inner Frenchwoman. Because it's easier to copy them than going to Paris.
1. Even ifyou don't have time for a manicure, make sure your nails are clean and covered in clear polish.
2. Always remember Coco Chanels' quote "Elegance is refusal." Don't pile into unnecessary calories.
3. Move at every given opportunity. Trip upstairs is an excuse to tone your thighs.
4. Stay mentally groomed. Keep up with news, latest art exhibitions, and films. Be in the know.
5. Always sleep in your back to avoid wrinkles on your face and decolletage.
6. Don't neglect your feet. It's the attention to detail that sets Frenchwomen apart.
7. Think about your posture. Standing up straight makes you look better groomed immediately.
8. Always carry a natural-coloured lip gloss. You look and feel better groomed if you have glossy lips.
9. Carry a breath freshener or some mints to freshen your mouth.
10. Clean your bags and shoes regularly.
11. White teeth are a must.
12. Exfoliate all over twice a week. Try a body brush.
13. Always wear matching underwear.
14. Learn to tie a scarf. The trick is to start from the front and then bring it back around your neck before neatly tying a knot at the side.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
AED184.45 so we still managed to buy some sweets for three of us to share.
Thank you for the continued visit! I am excited to see all your WS entries as well. Take care and have a wonderful week ahead!
At fourteen months here's what my little boy is up to:
1. He likes playing align and give me five.
2. Oter is for helicopter.
3. The huge rolling ball on brilliant baby scares him. Maybe he thinks it will roll onto him haha.
4. He takes pleasure in emptying out drawers and cabinets.
5. He loves to watch Mommy cook. He demands to be carried high enough to see what's cooking on the pot.
6. He enjoys playing catch the ball and beat the drum.
7. He still has a good appetite. He eats everything we give him: fruits, veggies, fish, chicken drumstick, okra, etc.
8. Still obsessed with wheels, still drinking Gain plus.
9. Now wearing clothes for 18 months.
10. He enjoys his new video pre-school power.
11. He loves to climb up and down the stairs
13. He likes corn on the cob!
14. He now plays with other kids. Sometimes he approaches them and touches their arms.
15. He is sociable! Our visitors are greeted with his sweet smiles and goofy walk hihi.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
First star i see tonight
I wish I may,
I wish i might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.
A. You should probably started these as your new years resolution to see the results this summer:
1. Ditch your morning fat coffee for green tea. Have at least 2 cups a day to make it effective.
2. Squeeze lemon to your meal (rice or viand). The citrus boost help your body burn fat faster.
3. Workout is not over until you have done your sit ups.
B. After shedding off those excess pounds, keep your ideal weight by:
1. Not skipping breakfast.
2. Eat everything in moderation.
C. And just before hitting the beach:
1. Avoid buying swimsuit at the last minute. Give ample time to shop, browse, invest in your size.
2. Know what flatters your body type. Flaunt your boobies in a halter top, accentuate your hips with an itsy, bitsy string bikini, and if you must wear a one pice bathing suit, make sure, every detail is ineteresting: beads on decolletage, daring backside, or even belted for ala-Dynasty effect.
3. Practice, practice wearing it. Walk around your bathroom. Check yourself in the mirror. You should feel glorious. Confidence is the key to knocking out a bikini.
4. Gone are the days when jewelries are attractive only to sharks. Dip with your hoop earrings and huge sunglasses for the moviestar appeal. (though use only what you can afford to part with)
5. Lastly, do not swim if you are more comfortable lounging on the sun bed. Just make sure you have the tallest, most exotic beach cocktail drink available. Have fun!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
"Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer. After that, tag as many people."
1. The age of my next birthday
2. Place i'd like to travel
3. Favorite food
4. Favorite place
5. One of my nicknames
6. Favorite color
7. College Major
8. Name of my Love
10. Bad Habits
11. My Wishlist
Feel free to snag ladies! Have a glamorous weekend!!
Monday, March 2, 2009
Here's a chance to see how well you really know your significant other. Cut, paste and fill in the answers, then forward . . . shoot, you know what to do. The real challenge is to send it to your significant other to see how right you really are.
1. He's sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen?
CNN, BBC, or National Geographic
2. You're out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad?
Nothing. He likes to eat veggies without the fuss. just slice those tomatoes and cucumber and he'll munch them to his content.
3. What's one food he doesn't like?
junk food and anything sweet. cakes are definitely a no, no
4. You go out to eat and have a drink. What does he order?
Fresh avocado smoothie....anything freshly squeezed. If it's alcohol,he'll have a shot of brandy.
5. Where did he go to high school?
St. Joseph School in Kiangan, Ifugao
6. What shoe size does he wear?
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be?
Books, remote controlled cars, classic dvds
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich?
That would be Subway's turkey breast sandwich with lots of jalapeno and chipotle sauce
9. What would this person eat every day if he could?
fruits and nuts and veggies
10. What is his favorite cereal?
anything with nuts that is not too sweet
11. What would he never wear?
he'll never go for the hip hop, punk, or gothic look (and i certainly will not allow him) so baggy, stone-washed jeans are out of the closet
12. What is his favorite sports team?
Now i'm at loss hihi. He is not into basket ball or any of that stuff. But he likes boxing and is a great admirer of Manny Pacquiao.
13. Who did he vote for?
I think Ping Lacson hahahaa.
14. Who is his best friend?
Teehee right now it's me. But then he is friends and a good mentor to everybody. Madiel is close to his bosom too.
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn't do?
That my temper to be curbed ahihihi
16. What is his heritage?
Well, he is half Mountain Province and half Ifugao
17. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake?
a moist chocolate cake that is not overly sweet, topped with fresh slices of strawberry, mango, and peaches
18. Did he play sports in high school?
I don't think so but he was into a lot of singing and guitar playing. He is also an accomplished chess player. In PMA he was into judo and boxing.
19. What could he spend hours doing?
20. What is one unique talent he has?
He has a very, very good memory. So it is easy for him to learn new skills.
Oh darling, i hope i got it all right hihi.
Happy Monday visitors! Temperature started to soar here in the desert. It won't be long until it reaches 47 - 50 degrees celsius. While it is still bearable, the family hit the beach early morning. While Andreas and his Dada were busy playing with water, i toyed with my little boy's sand mould.